Post Mock Interview

I feel like the overall interview went fairly well.  I was able to answer all the questions that were asked, and bring the answers back to why I feel I would make a good fit for the OT position. I prepared for this interview by viewing all the documents that were posted to blackboard with most common interview questions, questions to ask in an interview, and examples of good responses to interview questions. Looking at the examples of good interview question responses was the most helpful to me because I was able to adapt the examples to fit my situation. My husband also asked me common interview questions that he received when he was applying for jobs. For the most part, the interview went as expected. However, I was expecting a question about strengths, weaknesses, or my past experience but those questions weren’t asked so that was a little unexpected. If there was something I could change if I were to do this interview process again tomorrow, it would be to not look up when I am answering questions. I noticed that when I am brainstorming or when I was responding to a question, I had a tendency to look up instead of looking at the person who was interviewing me. One thing I learned during this interview process was how important it is to answer questions with confidence. I received feedback from the person who interviewed me that she could tell when I answered the questions with confidence. I think answering with confidence shows passion for what I am saying and why I want the job I am applying for. 

Comments