Brushing My Hair

Every day, I brush my hair. I pick up the hair brush in my hand and bring it to the top of my scalp. My elbow is flexed, my wrist is slightly extended, my shoulder is abducted, and my fingers are flexed. After I finish a brush stroke and the brush is at the end of hair, my end position results in my shoulder being adducted, my wrist is extended, my elbow is flexed, and my fingers are flexed. The elbow flexion, wrist extension, and finger flexion are happening in the sagittal plane about the frontal axis. The movement of abduction and adduction of my shoulder is happening in the frontal plane about the sagittal axis. The osetokinematics of the shoulder are abduction to adduction in an open kinematic chain. The arthrokinematics, in the moving humerus is convex and during adduction rolls inferiorly and glides superiorly on the stable concave surface of the glenoid fossa. The prime mover for the eccentric contraction is the Deltoid. 


Image retrived from: http://worldartsme.com/girl-brushing-hair-clipart.html#gal_post_103859_girl-brushing-hair-clipart-1.jpg

Comments